Founded in 1986 in Hartford, Connecticut our mission is helping leaders achieve extraordinary results.
We’re experts in:
• Leadership Mastery – teaching and coaching leaders to develop their skills on all four levels of leadership: personal, interpersonal, team, and organizational
• High Performing Teams – helping leaders and team members develop collaborative, results-driven working relationships
• Organization Transformation – guiding leadership teams to align their strategies, structures, systems, and cultures in pursuit of a shared vision
We have masters and doctoral degrees in organizational behavior. We’ve held senior management positions in human resources and organization development. We have taught and held leadership positions at university business schools. We’ve helped develop leaders at Fortune 500 companies in a wide range of industries, at hospitals and medical practices, at consulting firms, accounting firms, and law practices, and at government agencies and not-for-profits.
Our clients view us as experts in leadership, teamwork, and organization transformation. Repeatedly, clients turn to us to help them empower people throughout the organization to make things happen.
Yet these labels fail to provide a full picture of what Charter Oak does. In the final analysis, what our clients have achieved with our help is the true measure of Charter Oak. For example:
• We helped the president of a major automobile company form high-performance teams at the highest level of his organization. We showed team members how to move key corporate projects ahead faster by working together, communicating better, inspiring each other and dramatically improving working relationships.
• At a leading financial institution, we worked with the firm’s senior managers from two competing divisions. Our mission: help the two groups understand each other, define common goals and objectives, and form working relationships that would enable them to work together, achieve the objectives, and satisfy their own special needs.
• And at a major defense manufacturer, we helped the Senior VP of a corporate function transform his organization from the lowest in employee satisfaction to the highest. We trained every leader in the department, helped them implement the training by doing workshops with every team, and coached key leaders to continue using the tools they had learned. The results: lower turnover, improved collaboration and teamwork, higher productivity, and increased influence over organizational results.
Our consulting team is deliberately small. When clients decide to work with us, they get us – partners and senior consultants, people with knowledge and skills that have been honed by years of experience in the trenches with our clients. We love what we do. And we love partnering with our clients to help them do what they do in increasingly effective ways.