Whether you are planning to stay with your current employer or looking for an opportunity with a new one, Charter Oak’s career coaching is a highly personalized process, aimed at aligning your personal values, skills and passions to your current or future workplace.
For leaders who want to grow with their current employer, we help individuals improve their level of job satisfaction and increase their opportunities through the following process:
1. Individual career assessment
2. Creating a career development strategic plan
3. Coaching sessions to support desired changes
For those who want to or have to look for a new employer, we provide assessment and skill development on how to conduct the best possible job search. This is done in 3 phases:
1. Orientation to the process of career transition.
• Understanding emotional phases of job loss
• Maintaining a positive attitude
• Managing the stress of job loss
• Identifying personal concerns
2. Career-oriented strategic planning resulting in a job search direction.
• Defining career mission and developing a vision for the future
• Identifying values
• Indentifying competencies, skill, attributes
• Setting direction for the next step
3. Developing effective job search protocols, self-marketing tools, strategies and skills.
• Understanding the marketplace
• Learning the protocols of job search
• Learning how to construct self-marketing materials including a market-driven resume, cover letters and follow-up letters
• Developing networking strategies and skills
• Strengthening Interviewing skills